Dr Seamas Cassidy BSc , HDE, PhD, FICI
Senior Lecturer in Medical Physics and Medicinal Chemistry
Tel: +973 17351450 Ext. 2350
He graduated from University College Galway with a BSc (1970), HDE (1971) NUIM, PhD 1975 NUIG. He held lectureships in the Dublin Institute of Technology, National Health Training Institute Lesotho Africa and was Head of the School of Food Science and Environmental Health DIT. He was also a research scientist with the Medical Research Council Ireland, Bristol Myers Squibb and Johnson and Johnson.
Synthetic carbohydrate chemistry
1. Finan PA, Cassidy JN, Reidy JP. Benzylation Studies on Sucrose. Proc.R.Ir. Acad.1989; 89B:157-166
2. Application of Computer Graphics to theTeaching of Infrared Spectroscopy Proceedings of Teaching and Learning Conference, Dublin Institute of Technology. 2000.
3. Lou, Xin; Henehan, Gary T.M. Cassidy, Seamas. Tin-mediated regioselective synthesis of fatty acid esters of a-methyl -D-glucopyranoside. Procedings of EuroCarb Conference. 2003. Grenoble, France.
4. Lou, Xin, Henehan, Gary T.M., Cassidy Seamas Tin-mediated regioselective synthesis of fatty acid esters of monosaccharides. DIT International Research Conference, September 2003 Dublin Ireland.
5. Lou, Xin, Henehan, Gary T.M. Cassidy Seamas Tin Mediated Regioselective synthesis of fatty acid esters of glycosides and their screening for antimicrobial activity. 22nd International Carbohydrate Symposium Glascow UK July 2004