- Schools & Departments
- Learning Resource Centre
- Student Life
- Community Engagement
- About RCSI
MSc in Nursing
We are currently accepting applications for September 2014
*As places on the programme are limited, it is advisable to apply early to avoid disappointment*
Master of Science (MSc) in Nursing
Applicants are selected for admission to the MSc in Nursing Programme on the basis of open competition using the following criteria:
- Basic eligibility i.e. achievement of academic and English language entry requirements.
- References and life experience, i.e. work/life balance, extracurricular activities, relevant work or voluntary experience, etc.
- Performance at a structured interview.
Academic and English Language Entry Requirements
The following requirements are the minimum standards required for consideration for entry into the MSc in Nursing Programme. Attainment of these requirements does not guarantee acceptance. Admission to the Programme is at the discretion of the Admissions Committee.
- hold a Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Nursing.
- have recent experience in nursing practice.
- be a registered Nurse or Midwife.
Applicants whose first language is not English or who have not been educated solely in a native English speaking country must satisfy an English language proficiency requirement through one of the following means:
- IELTS – A minimum score of 5.5.
- TOEFL – A minimum score of 72 in the Internet Based Test (IBT) or 535 in the Paper Based Test (PBT).
Please note: English language qualifications are only valid for two years from the date of the test.
Applicants in Bahrain who require an IELTS certificate are advised to book an appointment with the British Council at their earliest convenience, Tel: +973 1726 1555/1726 6166 E-mail: email@example.com.
Exemptions: Applicants who have been solely educated in a native English speaking country and/or those who have completed the following curricula may be exempted from the English language requirement:
IB Diploma Minimum score of 5 in Standard Level English.
(I)GCSE/GCE Minimum score of Grade C in English.
Irish Leaving Certificate Minimum score of Grade D in Ordinary Level English.
Please make contact with the Admissions Office to confirm your eligibility for such an exemption.
How to Apply
Applications for the MSc in Nursing Programme must be submitted online. Upon successful completion of the online application, the applicant will receive an auto response email confirming receipt of the application.
Essential documentation required for consideration for the programme is as follows:
- Certified copy of BSc in Nursing degree graduation certificate and transcript (If Associate Degree/Diploma has been taken, applicants should supply both the Associate Degree/Diploma certificate and transcript and the BSc in Nursing degree graduation certificate and transcript).
- Certified copies of high school transcripts and graduation certificate (Grades 10, 11 & 12).
- Certificate of English language proficiency, i.e. IELTS or TOEFL.
- Copy of valid license to practice nursing (if a valid license is not available at the time of application, a letter from their employer to support the applicant is a registered nurse is required. A valid license can be provided at a later date, before the applicant commences the programme).
- Copy of passport showing name, nationality, date of birth and photograph page.
- Copy of CPR card/GCC identity card (if applicable).
- Personal Recommendation Form signed by your current employer. To print, please click here
- Recently updated Curriculum Vitae.
These documents must be uploaded during the online application process (incomplete applications cannot be processed by the Admissions Team).
Please Note: Applicants should include their unique Application ID number and full name in all correspondence with the University.
Following receipt of the above documentation, eligible applicants will be invited to the University for an interview. The interview will be conducted by two members of academic staff and will assess the applicant’s communication skills, maturity, motivation and suitability for the programme.
Following attendance at interview, the Admissions Committee will consider the application in full. Candidates will be advised of the outcome of this consideration by email within approximately two (2) weeks of interview.
Application outcomes are as follows:
- Candidates may be issued with a Full Offer.
- Candidates may be issued with a Conditional Offer, i.e. pending achievement of conditions specified in the offer letter.
- Candidates may be placed on a waitlist which will be reviewed prior to commencement of the programme.
- Candidates may be issued with a regret letter indicating they have been unsuccessful in obtaining a place on the programme.
Tuition fees for the two (2) year programme commencing in September 2014 are US$ 27,850*. A fee payment schedule for the Academic Year will be included in your offer letter.
Fees are reviewed periodically and may increase for the next academic year to meet cost increases incurred in running the programme.
To accept your offer a non-refundable deposit of 25% of the annual fee is required. If your tuition fees will be paid by means of a Scholarship or Sponsor, you are required to submit a letter of confirmation from the awarding body. If a valid sponsorship letter is not provided along with your acceptance of offer, conditions for self-funding will apply.
Upon your acceptance of offer, you are agreeing to the conditions set out in the Universities Fee Policy. To view RCSI Bahrain's Fee Policy please click here
(*Subject to HEC approval)
Graduates are awarded a Master of Nursing (MSc) from the Royal College of Surgeons Bahrain (RCSI Bahrain) and from the National University of Ireland (NUI). Students who exit the programme after one academic year will be awarded a Postgraduate Diploma in Nursing Theory.
Applications for this programme are closed for September 2014 entry
Should you have any queries or require assistance with any aspect of the admissions process please contact the Admissions Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or by Tel: +973 1735 1450 Ext: 5555.