Master of Science (MSc) in Nursing
Applicants will be selected for admission to the MSc in Nursing on the basis of open competition using the following criteria:
1. Basic eligibility i.e. achievement of academic and English language entry requirements
2. References and life experience i.e. work life balance, extracurricular activities, relevant work or voluntary experience etc.
3. Performance at a structured interview
Academic and English Language Entry Requirements
How to Apply
The following requirements are the minimum standards required for consideration for entry into the Programme. Attainment of these requirements does not guarantee acceptance to the programme. Admission to the Programme is at the discretion of the Admissions Committee.
- hold a Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Nursing
- have recent experience in nursing practice
- be a registered Nurse or Midwife
Applicants whose first language is not English or who have not been educated in a native English speaking country are required to satisfy an English language proficiency requirement through one of the following means:
• IELTS – A minimum score of 5.5
• TOEFL – A minimum score of 72 in the Internet Based Test (IBT) or 535 in the Paper Based Test (PBT)
Applicants in Bahrain who require an IELTS certificate, are advised to book an appointment with the British Council Centre at their earliest convenience
Tel: +973 1726 1555 / 1726 6166 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply
Applicants for the MSc in Nursing are required to complete an Application Form. To print, please click here
The following supporting documentation is also required for consideration:
- Copy of passport showing name, nationality and date of birth
- Copy of CPR (if applicable)
- Certified copies of academic transcripts and certificates from School and University
- Certificate of English language proficiency
- Personal Recommendation Form completed by your current employer. To print, please click here
- Two passport size photographs
Applications and supporting documentation should be emailed to email@example.com or delivered by hand/post to The Admissions Office, RCSI Bahrain, Building 2441, Road 2835, Busaiteen, Kingdom of Bahrain.
Following receipt of the above, eligible applicants will be invited to the University for an interview. The interview will be conducted by two members of academic staff and will assess the applicant’s communication skills, maturity, motivation and suitability for the programme.
Following attendance at interview, the Admissions Committee will consider the application in full. Candidates will be advised of the outcome of this consideration by email within approximately 2 weeks of interview.
Application outcomes are as follows:
1. Candidates may be issued with a Full Offer
2. Candidates may be issued with a Conditional Offer i.e. pending achievement of conditions specified in the offer letter
3. Candidates may be placed on a waitlist which will be reviewed prior to commencement of the programme
4. Candidates may be issued with a regret letter indicating they have been unsuccessful in obtaining a place on the programme
Tuition fees for the 2 year programme commencing in September 2013 are US $30,000. A fee payment schedule for the Academic Year will be included in your offer letter.
Fees are reviewed periodically and may increase for the next academic year to meet cost increases incurred in running the programme.
To accept your offer a non-refundable deposit of 25% of the annual fee is required. If your tuition fees will be paid by means of a Scholarship or Sponsor, you are required to submit a letter of confirmation from the awarding body. If a valid sponsorship letter is not provided along with the Acceptance of Offer, conditions for self-funding will apply.
Upon signing your Acceptance of Offer form, you are agreeing to the conditions set out in the Universities Fee Policy. To view RCSI Bahrain’s Fee Policy please click here
Graduates are awarded a Master of Nursing (MSc) from the Royal College of Surgeons – Medical University of Bahrain (RCSI Bahrain) and from the National University of Ireland (NUI). Students who exit the programme after one academic year will be awarded a Postgraduate Diploma in Nursing Theory.
Should you have any queries or require assistance with any aspect of the admissions process please contact Ms. Rachel Towers firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel: +973 1735 1450 Ext: 3366