- Schools & Departments
- Learning Resource Centre
- Student Life
- Community Engagement
- About RCSI
BSc in Nursing – Bridging Programme
We are currently accepting applications for September 2014 and January 2015
*As places on the programme are limited, it is advisable to apply early to avoid disappointment*
Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Nursing - Bridging Programme
Applicants are selected for admission to the BSc in Nursing – Bridging Programme on the basis of open competition using the following criteria:
- Basic eligibility, i.e. achievement of minimum academic and English language entry requirements, as well as a valid nursing licence.
- References and life experience, i.e. work/life balance, extracurricular activities, relevant work or voluntary experience, etc.
- Performance at a structured interview.
Academic and English Language Entry Requirements
The following requirements are the minimum standards required for consideration for entry into the BSc in Nursing – Bridging Programme. Attainment of these requirements does not guarantee acceptance. Admission to the programme is at the discretion of the Admissions Committee.
English Language Entry Requirements
Applicants whose first language is not English or who have not been educated solely in a native English speaking country must satisfy an English language proficiency requirement. If valid IELTS/TOEFL results are provided, the applicant will be exempt from the entrance English examination. Upon successful completion of the online application form, the admissions team will schedule the applicant for an English examination at RCSI Bahrain.
Below are the required English language scores for the BSc in Nursing – Bridging Programme:
• IELTS – A minimum score of 5.0.
• TOEFL – A minimum score of 64 in the Internet Based Test (IBT).
Please note: English language qualifications are only valid for two years from the date of the test.
Applicants in Bahrain who require an IELTS certificate, are advised to book an appointment with the British Council at their earliest convenience, Tel: +973 1726 1555/1726 6166 E-mail: email@example.com.
Exemptions: Applicants who have been solely educated in a native English speaking country and/or those who have completed the following curricula may be exempted from the English language requirement:
IB Diploma Minimum score of 5 in Standard Level English.
(I)GCSE/GCE Minimum score of Grade C in English.
Irish Leaving Certificate Minimum score of Grade D in Ordinary Level English.
Please make contact with the Admissions Office to confirm your eligibility for such an exemption.
Academic Entry Requirements
- have completed 12 years of high school education.
- hold an associate degree in nursing or a 3 year nursing diploma.
- have recent experience in nursing practice.
- be a registered nurse or midwife.
How to Apply
Applications for the Bachelor of Science in Nursing - Bridging Programme must be submitted online. Upon successful completion of the online application, the applicant will receive an auto response email confirming receipt of the application. (Please note: the admissions team will make all contact through email).
Essential documentation required for consideration for the programme is as follows:
- Certified copies of Associate Diploma academic transcripts and certificates.
- Certified copies of academic transcripts and certificates from secondary school (Grades 10, 11 & 12).
- Copy of passport showing name, nationality, date of birth and photograph page.
- Copy of CPR card/GCC identity card (if applicable).
- Personal Recommendation Form completed by your supervisor or the head of department. To print, please click here
- A valid nursing licence or a letter from your employer confirming you are a licensed nurse.
- Curriculum Vitae.
These documents must be uploaded during the online application process (incomplete applications cannot be processed by the Admissions Team).
Please Note: Applicants should include their unique Application ID number and full name in all correspondence with the University.
Following completion of the online application, including submission of all essential documentation, eligible applicants will be invited to the University for an entrance English exam or an interview. The interview will be conducted by two members of academic staff and will assess the applicant’s communication skills, experience, motivation and suitability for completing the degree.
Following attendance at interview, the Admissions Committee will consider the application in full. Candidates will be advised of the outcome of this consideration by email within approximately two (2) weeks of interview.
Application outcomes are as follows:
- Candidates may be issued with a Full Offer.
- Candidates may be issued with a Conditional Offer, i.e. pending achievement of conditions specified in the offer letter.
- Candidates may be placed on a waitlist, which will be reviewed prior to commencement of the programme.
- Candidates may be issued with a regret letter, indicating they have been unsuccessful in obtaining a place in the programme.
Tuition fees for academic year commencing September 2014/January 2015 are USD$17,450* over the course of 18 months. A fee payment schedule will be further outlined in your offer letter.
Fees are reviewed periodically and may increase for the next academic year to meet cost increases incurred in running the programme.
To accept your offer a non-refundable deposit of 33% of the programme fee is required. If your tuition fees will be paid by means of a Scholarship or Sponsor, you are required to submit a letter of confirmation from the awarding body. If a valid sponsorship letter is not provided along with your acceptance of offer, conditions for self-funding will apply.
Upon your acceptance of offer, you are agreeing to the conditions set out in the Universities Fee Policy. To view RCSI Bahrain's Fee Policy please click here
(*Subject to HEC approval)
Graduates will be awarded a Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Nursing from the Royal College of Surgeons – Medical University of Bahrain (RCSI Bahrain) and from the National University of Ireland (NUI).
Online ApplicationPlease click here to apply for the BSc in Nursing Programme.
Should you have any queries or require assistance with any aspect of the admissions process please contact the Admissions Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or by Tel: +973 1735 1450 Ext: 5555.