Applicants will be selected for admission to the BSc in Nursing – Bridging Programme on the basis of open competition using the following criteria:
1. Basic eligibility - i.e. achievement of entry requirements
2. References and life experience i.e. work/life balance, extracurricular activities, relevant work or voluntary experience etc.
3. Performance at a structured interview
The following requirements are the minimum standards required for consideration for entry into the Programme. Attainment of these requirements does not guarantee acceptance to the programme. Admission to the Programme is at the discretion of the Admissions Committee.
- have completed 12 years of high school education
- hold an Associate Degree in Nursing or a 3 year Nursing Diploma
- have recent experience in nursing practice
- be a registered nurse or midwife
As the Bridging Programme is delivered entirely through English, applicants will be required to undertake an English examination in the University. Applicants must pass this examination to gain entry to the programme.
Applicants who hold a valid IELTS certificate with a grade of 5.0 or equivalent can be exempted from this requirement.
Applicants for the BSc in Nursing –Bridging Programme are required to complete an Application Form. To print, please click here
The following supporting documentation is also required for consideration:
- Copy of passport showing name, nationality and date of birth
- Copy of CPR (if applicable)
- Certified copies of academic transcripts and certificates from High School (Grades 10-12)
- Certified copies of Associate Diploma academic transcripts and certificates
- Confidential Statement completed by your employer. To print, please click here
- A valid Nursing License or a letter from your employer confirming you are a licensed Nurse
- Two passport size photographs
The Application Form and accompanying documentation should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or delivered by hand/post to The Admissions Office, RCSI Bahrain, Building 2441, Road 2835, Busaiteen, Kingdom of Bahrain.
Following submission of the above documentation, eligible applicants will be invited to the University to undertake English examination and interview. The interview will be conducted by two members of academic staff and will assess the applicant’s communication skills, maturity, motivation and suitability for the programme.
Following attendance at interview, the Admissions Committee will consider the application in full. Candidates will be advised of the outcome of this consideration by email within approximately 2 weeks of interview.
Application outcomes are as follows:
1. Candidates may be issued with a Full Offer
2. Candidates may be issued with a Conditional Offer i.e. pending achievement of conditions specified in the offer letter
3. Candidates may be placed on a waitlist which will be reviewed prior to commencement of the programme
4. Candidates may be issued with a regret letter indicating they have been unsuccessful in obtaining a place on the programme.
Tuition fees for the 18 month programme commencing in September 2013 are US $18,000. A fee payment schedule will be further outlined in your offer letter.
To accept your offer a non-refundable installment of 33% of the programme fee is required. If your tuition fees will be paid by means of a Scholarship or Sponsor, you are required to submit a letter of confirmation from the awarding body. If a valid sponsorship letter is not provided along with the Acceptance of Offer, conditions for self-funding will apply.
Upon signing your Acceptance of Offer form, you are agreeing to the conditions set out in the Universities Fee Policy. To view RCSI Bahrain’s Fee Policy please click here
Graduates will be awarded a Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Nursing from the Royal College of Surgeons – Medical University of Bahrain (RCSI Bahrain) and from the National University of Ireland (NUI)
Should you have any queries or require assistance with any aspect of the admissions process please contact Ms. Jannat Al Shaiba email@example.com or Tel: +973 1735 1450 Ext: 3230