Medical Commencement Programme
Applicants are selected for admission to the Medical Commencement Programme on the basis of open competition using the following criteria:
1. Basic eligibility i.e. achievement of minimum academic and English language entry requirements
2. References and life experience i.e. work/life balance, extracurricular activities, relevant work or voluntary experience etc.
3. Performance at a structured interview
• IELTS - A minimum score of 4.5 with a score of 4.0 or above in each band (or TOEFL Equivalent)
Applicants in Bahrain who require an IELTS certificate, are advised to book an appointment with the British Council at their earliest convenience Tel: +973 1726 1555 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Exemptions: Applicants who have been solely educated in a native English speaking country and/or who have completed the following curricula may be exempted from the English language requirement.
IB Diploma Minimum Score of 5 or above in Standard Level English
IGCSE/GCE Minimum Score of Grade C or above in English
Leaving Certificate Grade D or above at Ordinary Level English
Please make contact with the Admissions Office to confirm your eligibility for such an exemption.
Academic Entry Requirements
High School or Secondary Leaving Certificate
Applicants must have completed 12 years of education and achieve a minimum cumulative Grade Point Average (cGPA) of 85%.
Indian High School
Applicants must achieve a minimum cumulative Grade Point Average (cGPA) of 70% at standard XII, and hold a bone-fide certificate of completion issued by the CBSE or ISCE.
Applicants must have completed 12 years of education within the Science Stream and achieve a minimum cumulative Grade Point Average (cGPA) of 87%.
For academic entry requirements for other curricula, please contact the Admissions Team
Applications for the Medical Commencement Programme must be submitted online. A non-refundable application fee of US$100/BD40 is required and is payable by credit card at the final stage of the online application or by cash when the applicant presents for interview at the University.
Upon successful completion of the online application, the applicant will receive an auto response email confirming receipt of the application. The applicant will also be requested to submit any outstanding documentation.
Essential documentation required for consideration for the Medical Commencement Programme is as follows:
- Copy of passport showing name, nationality and date of birth
- Copy of CPR (if applicable)
- Certified copies of academic transcripts and certificates from School (Grade 10-12) /University
- Certificate of English language proficiency i.e. IELTS or TOEFL
- Confidential Statement completed by your School/University. To print, please click here
- Personal Statement
- Two passport size photographs
These documents can be uploaded during the online application process. Alternatively, they can be emailed to email@example.com or delivered by hand/post to The Admissions Office, RCSI Bahrain, Building 2441, Road 2835, Busaiteen, Kingdom of Bahrain.
Please Note: Applicants should refer to their unique Application ID number in all correspondence with the University
Following completion of the online application and submission of all essential documentation, eligible applicants will be invited to the University for interview. The interview will be conducted by two members of academic staff and will assess the applicant’s communication skills, maturity, motivation and suitability for a career in Medicine.
Following attendance at interview, the Admissions Committee will consider the application in full. Candidates will be advised of the outcome of this consideration by email within approximately 2 weeks of interview.
Application outcomes are as follows:
1. Candidates may be issued with a Full Offer
2. Candidates may be issued with a Conditional Offer i.e. pending achievement of conditions specified in the offer letter
3. Candidates may be placed on a waitlist which will be reviewed prior to commencement of the programme
4. Candidates may be issued with a regret letter indicating they have been unsuccessful in obtaining a place on the programme.
Tuition fees for academic year commencing September 2013 are US$ 11,300. This includes provision of a laptop computer for each student. A fee payment schedule will be further outlined in your offer letter.
To accept your offer a non-refundable deposit of 25% of the programme fee is required. If your tuition fees will be paid by means of a Scholarship or Sponsor, you are required to submit a letter of confirmation from the awarding body. If a valid sponsorship letter is not provided with the Acceptance of Offer form, conditions for self-funding will apply.
Upon signing the Acceptance of Offer form, you are agreeing to the conditions set out in the Universities Fee Policy. To view RCSI Bahrain’s fee policy, please click here
On successful completion of the Medical Commencement Programme and achievement of an IELTS score of 5.5 or equivalent, students can progress to the Foundation Year of the 6 year Medical Programme.
The online application form is currently not available. Please contact Admissions directly.
Should you have any queries or require assistance with any aspect of the admissions process please contact the Admissions Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel: +973 1735 1450 Ext: 5555