- Schools & Departments
- Learning Resource Centre
- Student Life
- Community Engagement
- About RCSI
MB BCh BAO (Medicine)
MB BCh BAO Degree (Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery and Bachelor of the Art of Obstetrics)
Academic and English Language Entry Requirements
MB BCh BAO (Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery and Bachelor of the Art of Obstetrics)
Applicants will be selected for admission to the 5 or 6 year Medical Programme on the basis of open competition using the following criteria:
1. Basic eligibility, i.e. achievement of minimum academic and English language entry requirements.
2. References and life experience, i.e. work/life balance, extracurricular activities, relevant work or voluntary experience, etc.
3. Performance at a structured interview.
Academic and English Language Entry Requirements
Please click here to view minimum entry requirements for consideration for the MB BCh BAO (Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery and Bachelor of the Art of Obstetrics).
How to Apply
All applications for the Medical Programme must be submitted online. A non-refundable application fee of US$100/BD40 is required and is payable by credit card at the final stage of your online application or by cash when the applicant presents for interview at the University.
Upon successful completion of the online application, the applicant will receive an auto response email confirming receipt of the application.
Essential documentation required for consideration for the programme is as follows:
- Certified copies of academic transcripts and certificates from school (Grades 10, 11 &12)/university.
- Certificate of English language proficiency, i.e. IELTS or TOEFL.
- Copy of passport showing name, nationality, date of birth and photograph page.
- Copy of CPR card/GCC identity card (if applicable).
- Academic Reference form completed by your school/university. To print, please click here
- Personal Statement.
These documents must be uploaded during the online application process (incomplete applications cannot be processed by the Admissions Team).
Please Note: Applicants should include their unique Application ID number and full name in all correspondence with the University.
Following completion of the online application, including submission of all essential documentation, eligible applicants will be invited to the University for interview. The interview will be conducted by two members of academic staff and will assess the applicant’s communication skills, maturity, motivation and suitability for a career in medicine.
Following attendance at interview, the Admissions Committee will consider the application in full. It is the decision of the Admissions Committee to recommend applicants for admission to the 5 or 6 Year Programme. Candidates will be advised of the outcome of this consideration by email within approximately two (2) weeks of interview.
Application outcomes are as follows:
1. Candidates may be issued with a Full Offer.
2. Candidates may be issued with a Conditional Offer, i.e. pending achievement of conditions specified in the offer letter.
3. Candidates may be placed on a waitlist, which will be reviewed prior to commencement of the programme.
4. Candidates may be issued with a regret letter, indicating they have been unsuccessful in obtaining a place on the programme.
Tuition fees for academic year commencing September 2014 are USD$39,500* per annum, this includes provision of a laptop computer for each student. A fee payment schedule will be further outlined in your offer letter.
Fees are reviewed periodically and may increase for the next academic year to meet cost increases incurred in running the programme.
To accept your offer a non-refundable deposit of 25% of the annual programme fee is required. If your tuition fees will be paid by means of a Scholarship or Sponsor, you are required to submit a letter of confirmation from the awarding body. If a valid sponsorship letter is not provided along with your acceptance of offer, conditions for self-funding will apply.
Upon your acceptance of offer, you are agreeing to the conditions set out in the Universities Fee Policy. To view RCSI Bahrain's Fee Policy please click here
(*Subject to HEC approval)
Graduates are awarded the degrees of Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery and Bachelor of the Art of Obstetrics (MB BCh BAO) of both the National University of Ireland (NUI) and RCSI Bahrain. In addition, they will also receive the Licentiate of the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland (LRCSI) and the Licentiate of the Royal College of Physicians of Ireland (LRCPI).
Applications for this programme are closed for September 2014 entry
Should you have any queries or require assistance with any aspect of the admissions process please contact the Admissions Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or by Tel: +973 1735 1450 Ext: 5555.