During the last week of September 2008 RCSI Bahrain has undertaken the move to its new state of the art campus located in Busaiteen. The new campus has and great number of teaching facilities which includes three lecture theatres, three laboratories, nine tutorial rooms and a large library with several group study rooms. In addition to the teaching facilities, the new campus has a bookshop and restaurant. Phase 1 of construction of the new campus will be completed by early 2009 with the opening of the sports hall next to the main campus building.
Phase Development of RCSI Bahrain Muharraq Campus
- Phase 1 – Essential core facilities for the School of Medicine and School of Nursing & Midwifery including recreational facilities.
- Phase 2 – Expansion for potential Schools of Pharmacy, Physiotherapy, Healthcare Management, Dentistry and student accommodation.
Phase 1 facilities
- Common teaching areas (outlined below)
- Common social / recreational facilities
- Common religious facilities
- Learning Resource Centre
- Administration and academic offices
- ICT core services
- Support services
- Common student services
- School of Medicine
- Sports facilities (indoor multi-purpose hall and outdoor pitch)
- Primary car parking
- Services plant space
- Refuse and clinical laboratory waste